Recommendation

During my 3.5 hour time alone, I stepped into a Barnes & Noble.  I love spending time in book stores.  I went to the parenting/special needs section and scanned...hoping to find something with the title "Just for Shannon" or "Parenting Waverly & Oliver".  To my surprise, I couldn't find anything.  I did find a book that stood out to me.  It is titled "Road Map to Holland".  The author is the mom of 3 boys, one of whom has Down syndrome.  She is an incredibly talented writer and I felt like she was writing for me.  She has a way with words that I only wish I had.  I have already finished it and Matt is going to start reading it soon.  I also have a few friends who want to read it, to have a better understanding of what I am feeling.

I miss London in many ways, but tonight I really miss walking in our neighborhood.  We lived in St John's Wood.  A beautiful area north of Regent's Park.  After dinner, we would always pack up the kids and go for our nightly stroll.  Here, all we have found are apartment parking lots.  I miss the High Street and SJW church park.  I miss passing by Paul McCartney's house and wondering if I will catch another glimpse of him.  I miss seeing them rolling back the awning at Panzer's.  I miss the happy sounds coming out of the local pubs.  I miss London tonight.

Comments

Jen said…
You are in a yucky transitional waiting place. I struggle with transition under the best of circumstances, so to me it makes sense that you'd be off balance with this huge move.

I'm glad you found a book that spoke to you. You have a beautiful family and your children are never far from my mind, although I only know you all from your blog.
Mystic Thistle said…
Your making me miss London, and I wasn't even there. I don't blame you for missing all of this.

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'm always looking for a good one, and well, there aren't very many of these "special needs" books that are very helpful. I like the title.

I'd like to recommend the book, "The Power of the Powerless" to you by Christopher DeVink. It's out of print I think, but I may be able to find a copy for you. I'll look and see...

Popular Posts