Over the Ground

My sweet little Waverly is having difficulty walking lately.  She was without orthotics last week and her new ones need to be adjusted (she had some blisters from them).  I hope it is merely not having their support for awhile.  But I fear this is yet another progression of the disease.  She has been walking on her toes a lot, unwilling to put her heels down.  Her feet are turned it, so she is tripping more often.  I hate seeing her fall.

In the midst of this sadness, she has been singing "Happy Birthday" again.  She is also singing the phrase "over the ground" (although it did take us awhile to decipher what she was saying) from "Little Black Rain Cloud" in the Winnie the Pooh movie.  I love hearing her sweet voice.



Comments

Sharon Hicks said…
Beautiful pictures!!! So glad to hear she is singing again! What joy for your heart... and sweet memories.
just wanted you to know I was out here in blogland thinking about you all...
lots of love.
sharon
Jenkins said…
She is so precious. I love her pigtails.
How wonderful to hear her little voice...one of my favorite Pooh's is the little black rain cloud.
Matt said…
It's a constant struggle to maintain Jessie's range of motion. When she's unable to wear her orthotics for a time (or when we don't make her wear them during school vacations), it takes her a while to get back to where she was. I hope that's all Wavey needs. We love you guys.

Popular Posts