And Done

It has been quite a day.  We were all up before 4:30 in order to be at the hospital in time for today's full day of testing.  Both of the kids were put under general anesthesia for about 3.5 hours.  They had an ENT exam, ABR (hearing test), MRI, blood & urine collection and the lumbar puncture.  Oliver went first and then it was Waverly's turn.  They both did beautifully!!  Oliver went under easily and woke up happy.  Wavey went under easily and woke up fairly happy.  She had some trouble with the anesthesia and was nauseous, but after they gave her some additional medication she was fine.  Matt and Oliver were able to leave the hospital in the early afternoon.  I stayed with Waverly and left the hospital 13 hours after we arrived...a very long day.

I will write more in the coming days about results and my thoughts on the week.  I am simply exhausted and desperate to head to bed.  Thanks for all of the encouraging words, thoughts and prayers.

Comments

Kelly said…
Thank you for sharing this experience with us. I think it wonderful that you took part in this study, and I hope the combined efforts lead to effective treatment.

Popular Posts