Vacation!!

5 suitcases, 4 tote bags, 2 grocery bags, and 1 diaper bag later we are packed and ready to go.  Tomorrow, we are heading out for our long awaited vacation.  The kids are going to spend a week with Grandma & Grandpa, while Matt and I fly to the UK.  I won a scholarship from the MPS Society to attend the Sanfilippo conference, so we are making a little vacation out of it.  We will visit our old haunts, get together with friends and attend the conference.  It is going to be a busy, but fantastic time away for the 2 of us.  Our 12th anniversary is in a few weeks, so another reason to celebrate.  We have never left the kids for more than 1 night, so this is going to be an adventure for all of us, but they are going to be in excellent hands.  I am going to miss them tremendously and call home often, but this is going to be a wonderful experience.  Bon voyage!!

Comments

The Leivas said…
I am so excited for you! I hope you have a great trip and I can't wait to hear all about it (via what you share in blog world of course). Happy and safe travels to you!
Terry Fisher said…
So happy for both of you!! Have a wonderful time and try not to worry to-much about the children, I hope your parents have a wonderful time as well, Grandchildren are the best!!
Anonymous said…
Hope you have a great trip ... you and Matt are certainly due for a little time together and time away :)
Lauren said…
Shannon, I pray the two of you have a wonderful time away together. May you be refreshed and recharged!

Your blog never fails to touch my heart in a powerful way. Thank you for that.
JoanneHuff said…
Been thinking about you guys a lot, Shannon, and am hoping that you're having a wonderful time! Joanne

Popular Posts