Merry Christmas

I hope you have all had a wonderful Christmas.  We drove up to PA last night to spend the holidays with my family.  We ended up coming a day earlier than expected, due to impending icy weather.  The kids were very excited to be at Grandma & Grandpa's home.  We all opened present this morning.  Waverly received some books and toys that she can chew.  Oliver got books, bristle blocks and a new Handy Manny tool set.  (For those of you who know Oli, you know he plays with his tool set every day for hours on end.)  This set doesn't play music, but it is a softer plastic and safe to chew.  Almost immediately the screwdriver was in Wavey's mouth and Oliver was chewing the wrench.  It was very laid back and relaxed.  My sister and her family arrive tomorrow.  I think we have 3 additional Christmas parties to attend before we head back to DC.

Christmas came too quickly this year.  I felt unprepared and rushed.  I usually savor the weeks leading up to it.  This year I was running around, forgetting gifts, and not doing the usual tranditions we have come to enjoy.  I think the trip to Florida and the blizzard both had an impact.  I will not let this happen again next year.

Comments

Joanne said…
Hi Shannon,

I'm so glad you had a merry Christmas. We too felt like it came much too quickly this year, impart because of my working again. We have also made a pact in our house to not let that happen again next year. Funny to read your writing about the same observations!

Enjoy the upcoming parties and have a very happy new year as well! Joanne

Popular Posts