My Little Alien


Waverly's 4th grade classmates put on a musical production of the 50 states last week. Parents and grandparents were there to see it. It was totally adorable and featured aliens coming to earth and learning about the different parts of the country. Of course, my favorite part of the entire show was seeing Waverly on stage. She wore her little alien hat and seemed to enjoy being on stage with her peers. One very special little girl stood by her the entire time and would fix her hat, hold her hands and keep her happy.

I wanted to weep. I wanted to cry tears of gratitude for a school community who included Waverly. For special classmates who always show compassion and kindness.

And I wanted to weep for the "if only". If only things were different for Wavey. If Sanfilippo was never uttered, what would she have been doing on that stage. I already know that she had a beautiful little voice. (Don't believe me - click here.) 

I try not to allow myself to think about what could have been very often. It isn't a healthy way to live and I find myself wallowing if I stay there too long. So I focus on the now, the moment.

Wavey did a great job as a very friendly and smiley little alien.

Comments

Joanne Huff said…
Shannon this is so touching and emotional to read. The photos you posted capture so much. Just at a loss for words. Thinking of you, Joanne
Anonymous said…
How sweet of Waverly's friend. :) Sounds like a great place for your girl! I'm sure she was a cutie up on that stage.

JoEllen from Ohio

Popular Posts