One Foot in Front of the Other


Oliver has been doing so well the past few weeks. He is in second grade and seems excited about going to school each day. He is walking independently, eating well, and giving better eye contact. I am so proud of him and thankful that he can still walk next to me while I push Waverly's wheelchair. He is my hand holder and will almost always wait for me with his little hand extended waiting for me to grab hold. His strong little frame and obedient spirit provides us the freedom to be out and about with Waverly. Once his walking declines, our ability to move around easily will be diminished - there are no double wheelchairs. So lately I have been cherishing the moments. Holding hands, pushing a wheelchair and putting one foot in front of the other. Together. 

Comments

Popular Posts