Spring

It will be five months on Sunday. Five months. I don't have to set alerts or reminders in iCal. My heart knows. I can always feel the emotions begin to well up on the first of every month. Another page to turn, another segment of time separates me from him.

I typically dislike spring. Rebirth and things which were dormant coming to life. My personality thrives in autumn. This year feels different. I find myself delighting in the buds and shades of green. The extra minutes of sunshine each day are welcome. In the past we have been unable to keep windows open because Oliver's allergies were so severe. The fresh breeze has been rejuvenating. The sounds of the birds are music.

I am thankful to be guilt free in my enjoyment of the season. Often those in grief can feel immense shame when they feel joy. Nature has always been a connection point between God and me. And now between myself and Waverly & Oliver.

Comments

Unknown said…
I think of you guys often. I am glad you can still come here and share.

JoEllen
Emily G said…
I am so thankful you can find joy in Spring.

Popular Posts