Sunshine & Rain

I took Oliver to the therapist today for an evaluation. Due to his hearing impairment he will likely need speech therapy. We thought it best to have him evaluated at around a year to see what we need to do. We received wonderful news. Thanks to his very early diagnosis (7 weeks old he had his hearing aids), he is only slightly delayed on his speech. The therapist gave me some additional pointers to help him begin to copy speech sounds and said we could come back in about 5-6 months to have another evaluation. She was really pleased with his attention, focus, fine motor skills and sociability. It was wonderful to get some good news.
Update: My grandfather has had a stroke and is in the hospital in Florida. We are still waiting for a prognosis from the doctors. Please continue to pray for him, my Nana, my Dad and the rest of my family. Thanks.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
I'm so glad to hear the encouraging news about Oliver. I've said a prayer for your grandpa... I know it must be hard to be away from your family during a time of crisis.

Popular Posts