Meet the McNeil Family

Meet the McNeil Family

Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Poem For Waverly

A dear friend wrote this poem about Waverly and shared it with me recently. I love it and I hope you do as well.
******************************************************************

I may never see the color purple again without thinking of Waverly
  a violet’s fragile petal
a sunset, come too soon.

In purple,
  I see thick chestnut pigtails
        momentary smiles
     dark eyes that speak
               and grace.

Perseverance
Silent songs
One foot in front of the other.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love it. Tx for keeping us posted. N

Jan said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

We miss hearing about the kids... Love Nm

Hummel Family said...

What a lovely poem!!

JoEllen