Goodbye London

Wow - the last week flew by so quickly. Our pack out went so smoothly. By 4pm all of our things were packed in crates ready to be taken away. We went to a wonderful festival on Saturday in Regent's Park with some friends from the embassy. The kids were able to go on rides, eat yummy food and enjoy a beautiful day....until it poured. It was a perfect London afternoon. Sunday we explored the city, revisiting all of our favorite haunts and taping the kids a bunch. We were able to get family photos taken on Monday in Regent's Park, thanks to my friend Natalie. (Thank you, Natalie!!!) I can't wait to see them!! They just followed us around and captured the kids playing in some of their favorite areas. The kids had their final sessions with their therapist, Priya. It was very difficult to say goodbye to her. She has been incredible and I think Waverly is really going to miss her. Saying goodbye was tough. Fortunately, so many of our foreign service friends will be back in DC eventually, so we know that we will catch up with them down the road. London was such a wonderful experience for all of our family. I don't think that it has totally hit us that we aren't flying back there in a few weeks. London was a refuge for us...an escape from the sadness at times. We are sad to see our "world adventure" chapter end.

Comments

Samantha said…
Hey Shannon,
So glad your safetly back in the country. My mom said we should get together for a short visit. Im sorry we only have two nights available this week because i leave next tuesday for college! We are available tonight (monday) or wednesday of this week. Hope one of those nights work for you!
Laura said…
Glad you are back safely, but gosh, I'm sitting here at my computer, crying, because I'm just grieving for all the pain and loss you guys continue to endure. To say goodbye to London. To walk in the pain of this crazy disease with your kids. Just know that a little family in Qatar loves you all.
Mystic Thistle said…
When you leave a foreign country, you leave a chunk of your heart there, don't you? I can relate to that. I'm glad you will see your friends in D.C. And I understand getting attached to the therapists, too. It's a little hard to describe what these incredible people mean sometimes. I'm praying you find comfort and peace this evening in the midst of missing London.

Popular Posts