Thank You, Dr. Kelly

This afternoon I took both kids to our pediatrician for possible ear infections.  If they get a cold, it will almost always turn into an ear infection.  It did for both of them yet again.  We have to be extra careful with those because of their hearing loss.  We don't want to risk damaging their ears or impeding their hearing even more.  We went to the same pediatrician from the last time we lived in the area.  She was with us through Oliver's traumatic birth with time in the NICU and the diagnosis of hearing losses.  She is great!  The second she came into the exam room, I knew that this is why we came back to the US. She was so great with the kids and me.  She offered to have a consult in 2 weeks where she and I can sit down (sans kids) and put together a plan.  I am just supposed to come with a list of questions/requests and we will go from there.  She doesn't have any experience with Sanfilippo, but she is ready & willing to learn along with me as we go forward.  When I left the office, I was moved to tears.  I was so thankful to finally have someone manage their healthcare with me.  I always felt like I had to be on top of it all by myself and it was such a burden to carry alone.  Now, I feel like someone came beside me and took off some of the load.  It is wonderful!  Thank you Dr. Kelly!!!

Comments

Christine said…
I'm so happy to hear this about your doctor! Wonderful news. I'm sure it made it easier to be away from the things you loved about London.

I'll be praying that the infections heal quickly, without glitches, and that this will be the last of them.
Alicia said…
That's wonderful! I'm so glad that you can feel like the pressure isn't all on you! She sounds like a great lady!

Popular Posts