So Many Decisions

We have made one decision in a long line of decisions today. We heard from our insurance company and after we petitioned them to change their mind regarding Waverly's treatment, they are going to reevaluate their decision. I spoke with a very nice man (nice until he says no to me and then he will be evil) who is advocating for us to the insurance powers that be. He is going to need 2-3 weeks time. At first I just wanted to scream - I don't want to wait - I don't want Wavey to lose even more time to this disease. But then I stepped back and thought that in 2-3 weeks, I will have the answer about Oliver. Matt and I will be able to make the best decision about whether or not to go through the transplant, if we have as many pieces of the puzzle. Oliver's health is such a HUGE piece!! So, I called Duke and rescheduled the appointment. They are wonderful and hopeful with us that they will only be testing one of our children. Matt and I both felt like tonight we were able to breathe. There are so many decisions ahead for our family...some are so difficult I wonder how we will be able find an answer. I am not sure why this is happening to my Waverly. But, I know that God is good (thank, Holly!). It is in that very basic premise that I am going to rest tonight.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
I'm so glad to hear that you have someone advocating for you with your insurance. We continue to pray for you often!
Alaina said…
Shannon-
We are so happy to hear the good news, and we will continue to pray that the insurance comes through and approves. Waverly, Oliver, you, and Matt will be in our thoughts and prayers during your 2-3 weeks of waiting. We love you so much!

Grandpa, Millie, Aunt Jean, and Alaina
Lizze said…
Hi. I found your blog from The Hummel's blog. I just wanted to say that you have a beautiful family and I will pray for all of you.
Hummel Family said…
So happy to hear you are getting a little further with the insurance.

I will continue to pray that you will get your questions answered!
Hummel Family said…
So happy to hear you are getting a little further with the insurance.

I will continue to pray that you will get your questions answered!
Lizze said…
I wanted to ask you if it would be okay for me to post a link to your blog on mine. If you would rather I not, that's fine. Just drop me a line and let me know. :)

cerulean_enigma@msn.com
http://cheerioconfessions.blogspot.com
bome62 said…
Hi, i found you on the Hummel's Blog.So glad to hear the news. I am praying that the insurance will come through.Am also praying daily for your precious family.
Bonnie Meyer
Washington, Missouri

Popular Posts