Stream of Thought

Thanks to all of you who have e-mailed, posted or called us these past few days. As you can imagine, we are simply unable to respond at this point in time. We are trying to enjoy this weekend with my family. Waverly adores her cousins and this may be her last time around them for awhile, should we decide to go ahead with the transplant. Everything seems to be happening so fast....yet I want each day to last an eternity and cherish each of Waverly's laughs, smiles, and words. Today she rode a pony. She kept saying "horsey, I excited, favorite". It was such a wonderful memory!! I should have taped it. We received a packet of information today from Duke describing the bone marrow/cord blood transplant. It was totally overwhelming at first, but than I devoured all of the information I was given. I have to suck it up and educate myself, no matter how scary it all is. The future plans are VERY unclear...but we do know that Matt and I are going to take Wavey to Duke the week of March 31st for preliminary testing/evaluation. At the end of that week, we will make a decision to go ahead with the transplant or seek some kind of alternative treatment/therapy. I know nothing beyond that point. These next few weeks are going to be hell - deciding what to do next and waiting to hear if Oliver is going to have it as well.

Comments

Amy B said…
Shannon -

I don't even know what to say...
praying that what Jesus gives freely would be deeply and personally yours...
Alaina said…
Shannon-
We will all keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We love you all so much!

Grandpa, Millie, Aunt Jean, and Alaina

Popular Posts