Confident

A few days out from our decision and we still feel extremely confident. This does not mean that I won't spend time wondering "what if"...I think that I will always wonder how things could be different had we chosen to go forward with the transplant.
There are many more big decisions ahead of us, waiting for an answer. We need to decide where we want to settle. We want to move some place for the long term - a place to really call home. In 10 years of marriage we have never done that!!
I am anxious to get back to the US. We have a ton of doctor appointments and we need to prepare a "safe room" for Waverly. (A "safe room" is just a bedroom with no furniture, just soft toys and a bed. We will have to install a dutch door and a video monitoring system. This allows us to put her some place safe to play and sleep. She is getting strong and will start hurting herself if we don't create a safe place for her.)
Unfortunately, Wavey seems to be changing daily. I am not sure if it is our interpretation of things now that we have a diagnosis or if she really is beginning the rapid regression. It is so incredibly difficult to watch. In a way, I feel like I am losing my beautiful little girl to this horrible disease. But then I get a smile or a look, and I know that she is still there.
I wonder if it scares her or if it hurts. I certainly pray that is not so.

Comments

Sarah said…
Shannon & Matt,

I'm an old TU classmate of your's, who has been following your blog for a bit. I am SO SORRY to hear about the struggles you are going through. I will be praying for clarity, strength and comfort as you move ahead with your plans and changes in life. And I pray that Waverly and Oliver do not experience any pain or hurt through this...they are truly beautiful children!

Sarah (Nederveld) Giere
Deanna said…
Matt and Shannon,

Continuing to pray for you guys as you make such difficult decisions. You are such a beautiful family....

Sending much love,
Deanna (Burch) Greene
Lizze said…
I am also continuing to pray for you all.

If you move back to the US, MRDD may be able to help you with funding or contacts or anything else you may need when you making Waverly's safe room etc.
Blaza said…
Matt & Shannon,

I am so thankful that you were able to make some decisions that you feel comfortable with. I continue to pray for you all and all that lies ahead. It sounds like there are still so many choices in the immediate future. I love you all!
spence said…
Hi Shannon and Matt,
It would be nice for you to have a "home" to call your own and have all the comforts needed for the children's sake. May you seek God's guidance as you look ahead to your future decisions. Hope to see you Stateside soon!

Love,
Spence and family
kflyingcircus said…
Still praying. I can't even imagine. . . I know the feeling of not being settled. It's almost 10 years for us too moving around. My prayer is that you will be able to enjoy Waverly - no matter if this begins the downhill or not. That you will be able to find JOY in Oliver as well and those precious 'smile' moments will be a reminder to you that you are loved and prayed for.

Sending love from Okinawa, Japan
Jessica (DeKorne) Korsmo
hi!
im from texarkana texas. somehow..dont know how...i ran across this blog. ive been reading it and looking at it everyday for a while now.
i want you to know i am praying for your family and i think about yall a lot. even though i have no connection to you and im far away, you have affected my life and i am so sorry for your situation. maybe by my comment you can be comforted by seeing how many people (close and randomly) will be affected by this and are now aware of the syndrome. i am one of the random ones, but nevertheless, im affected.

with love,
ali blagg
Misty said…
This disease and your blog make me so sad. Just wanted you to know that we are praying for you as you continue to transition daily.
You don't know me and we have never met...but my heart is hurting for your family. I saw your link on a friends blog. Please know I will bring your story to everyone I know and we will be lifting you and your family up to Christ. I have no words of comfort, no profound statements to bring you peace or happiness. I have no answers, no help in understanding...I only have a heart that is hurting for you and your BEAUTIFUL children. They are given to you by God, He will take care of them...and He will take care of you. Thank you for creating this blog, I've never heard of this disease. Please continue to blog...inhale each moment with your children...I know you are.
Jawn said…
what beautiful new pics!! your children look so happy (especially on the merry-go-round)
Unknown said…
I love the new pics you posted! Selfishly, I'm hoping you come back to the US. But that is an arrogant, selfish wish...

I know you two have made the best decision for your children. Know that we love and support you. We continue to keep you in our hearts.

We'd love to do Ivanhoes with you guys again!
laji said…
Shannon and Matt-

Tim and I check in on you guys through your blog all the time. We are amazed at the honesty and faith with which you guys are meeting each day. We're thinking of you, praying for you, wishing you wisdom in your decisions, support from your community, and strength for the journey.

Lindsay (and Tim).

Popular Posts