Time


I took this photo of Waverly on Saturday at my Nana's. Wavey has been *in love* with her Wiggles guitar lately. She can still push the buttons and hear some of her favorite tunes. She got this toy when she was 2 for her birthday from a friend. She loved it and I can picture her bopping around in our living room in Bexley to the music. After she outgrew it, I held onto for Oliver. And now here we are 5.5 years later and it has become a favorite once again. 

Time seems to stand still with Sanfilippo. Development plateaus and then we begin to go backwards. The kids grow older, yet their development declines. The differences are growing more startling between my life and my friends. I feel perpetually stuck in baby phase, while they are attending baseball games and dance recitals.

Comments

Joanne Huff said…
I've had that same observation over the past few years too, Shannon. As time moves along I feel further and further separated from those around me with non Sanfilippo children. I still buy chew toys while they save for college. It is very surreal and so very sad. Thinking of you guys always, Joanne
Joanne Huff said…
I've had that same observation over the past few years too, Shannon. As time moves along I feel further and further separated from those around me with non Sanfilippo children. I still buy chew toys while they save for college. It is very surreal and so very sad. Thinking of you guys always, Joanne
Christine said…
Praying for you. This saddens me so much. I'm so sorry, Shannon!
Kristie Jackson said…
This is such a beautiful picture of your beautiful girl, Shannon. I am enjoying reading through your posts -- you are a gifted writer and yet I'm not at all surprised by that after our "interview" last week. You express yourself with such clarity and depth and candor -- thank you for your willingness to share your story.

Popular Posts