Goodbye January

I am currently staring at three pieces of medical equipment in our family room. There is another in our van, one at school, two in our guest room and four in bedrooms. There is a part of me that is so grateful for these items. We are incredibly fortunate to have insurance that recognizes the benefit of standers and walkers, wheelchairs and Sleep Safe beds. I am thankful we are in the midst of a bathroom remodel so the kids can bathe safely in a rolling shower chair. And I love having a wheelchair van that keeps the kids safe and secure, while saving my back from constant lifting.

This has been an exhausting month both physically and emotionally. So much change occurring in such a short amount of time. As the changes arrive and we adjust to our new normal (again), reality settles in and a new phase arrives.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Shannon, I have been following your blog for awhile now. When I read your posts, it seems as if the love you and Matt have for Waverly and Oliver shines through EVERYthing you both do. There is a song by Matt Hammitt (All of Me) that reminds me of you. You are definitely giving your children your all, and that is beautiful to watch. Your family remains in my prayers.

Popular Posts