Waverly is Home


I spent a lot of time searching for the perfect urn for Waverly. I wanted something handmade that would reflect her beauty. After many hours of internet searches, I came upon a potter in New England who makes some beautiful pieces. She had a few designs on her website and I wrote her inquiring about my favorites. Sadly she didn't have any currently available and given their intricacy, they take awhile to make. The next morning I received an email from her. She went into her studio and remembered this one unique urn she made in a new design. She was willing to send me a picture and sell it to me if I liked it. In as much as one can love an urn, I fell in love with it. It is white and pure, with delicate flowers. My friend, Kamarah, took a photo of it for me before Waverly passed away so I had something to share. (The idea of sharing a picture knowing she was inside seemed undignified.)

Waverly is now home. Matt and I were able to pick her up this afternoon from the funeral home. I bought yellow tulips for her and they are in her room next to her urn. I want to keep her in there for now. I can say good morning and good night to her. When I venture into her room, I can talk with her quite easily. I find so much comfort knowing she is back where she belongs.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is beautiful. NM
I don't know what to say to express my sorrow for your loss. My sister, Nina Brown, taught Oliver in preschool and has told me about your wonderful family through the years. Your strength, love and perseverance is simply amazing. I pray for peace and comfort for your family in your grief.

Sincerely,
Caroline
Dawn said…
SO many tears for you all. <3 I am glad she is with you.
lesley said…
The urn is beautiful. My plan is to do something similar and then have her urn put in my casket with me when it is my time. Which means that I won't be cremated, I guess. I love that having Waverly home brings you some peace. It is where she is supposed to be. Close by. I don't think there are any rules when a child dies. Whatever works for each family is what is right.
ashleytiberi said…
What a beautiful resting place for your Waverly.
Unknown said…
It's beautiful...

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Such a dear post. Thank you for sharing such a personal decision with all of us who love your family and will remember Waverly always.
Unknown said…
It's beautiful, Shannon.

I'm thinking of your family as this holiday weekend comes to a close. I know your pain is great and my heart hurts for your loss.
Kathy de la Garza said…
It is truly beautiful, Shannon.

Popular Posts