One Year Ago Today...

I just realized that one year ago today we were on a flight back to the US from London. We had packed out and said goodbye to some very dear friends. It feels like much more than a year since we left. So much has changed in the past 12 months. While in London after the kid were diagnosed, it felt safe and far removed from everything. We soaked up each moment, because we knew it would be our last overseas experience as a family. I miss the group of ladies with whom I spent most of my time. They supported me and encouraged me in such memorable ways. They were with me through some very dark days. I will forever be thankful for their friendship. London will always be an incredibly special place for Matt and I. Waverly "peaked" in our first few months. She reached her highest point of development there. Oliver had so many of his firsts - solid foods, sitting up, crawling, walking. We were so happy there and everything felt so right. We had embarked on such an exciting new adventure and we truly thought the foreign service experience was going to be incredibly beneficial for Waverly & Oliver. I miss London. I miss my friends. I miss the ways things used to be.

Comments

Heidi said…
Shannon, I know I didn't know you that well, but London misses you too. As always, thank you for sharing about your life here. I have learned so much from you.

Popular Posts