Lessons Learned

This photo was taken in Ohio last week.  Oliver loves swings, but unfortunately he was left in this one a bit too long.  Moments after this picture was taken, he threw up all over himself.  Note to self - 30 minutes on the swing may be a tad too much.


A friend of mine posted a beautiful video of her daughter today.  Her little girl passed away 4 years ago. She was 5 and had Sanfilippo.  I spent 4 minutes listening to a very touching song and watching photos of a lovely family.  My heart broke thinking of the pain they have endured, knowing that we will one day be in the same position.  After having a good cry, I was reminded just how lucky I am.  My amazing kids are with me today.  It is sometimes difficult to find joy in the moment.  The future looms ahead of me and it's terrifying.  But I have been given the gift of having them *today*.  No one has a guarantee for tomorrow.

Comments

You four were on my heart this evening, so I sent up a few thought prayers =)
ATLKrafts said…
I just admire your courage and insight... no one is guaranteed tomorrow...
Jenkins said…
Cute picture of him...a little too much fun!

Thank you for always sharing your heart.

Popular Posts