Let's Go To The Movies

Matt and I took Oliver to see "How to Train Your Dragon" this afternoon.  It was a super cute movie.  It had some scary parts, but my kids never seem to comprehend typical scary things.  For instance Waverly loves Elmo's World, but freaks out if Mr. Noodle comes on the screen.  Fortunately the theater was fairly empty, so we sat off to the side and took up multiple seats.  That way Oliver could move around during the movie.  He did beautifully.  I don't know how much he enjoyed the actual movie, but he loved the experience...most notably the popcorn.

It was a great outing and it did my soul good.  It was fun to be out with just the boys in my life.  (Waverly was home with Preti and they had a wonderful time watching Dumbo.)  It felt normal.  For those 90 minutes, I felt like any other mom taking her 3 year-old son to the movies.  It was a great feeling.

Comments

Jan said…
That sounds like a wonderful day! So glad for you. I bet Oliver was adorable :)
Joanne Huff said…
Hi Shannon,

I love this story, what a beautiful moment to experience.
I love how you described it as being good for your soul, I know just what you mean. Those snipits of getting to feel "normal" feel like sun soaking into the bones after a long winter. I'm so glad you had that with Oliver. Here's to many, many more moments that feel the same! Joanne
Jennie said…
I would just like to say that I agree with Waverly and find Mr. Noodle freakishly scary.

Thanks for sharing all the new videos! I love all the singing! :)

Popular Posts