Shiny New Orthotics

This morning Waverly & I picked up her new orthotics.  They look just like her old ones - purple with green polka-dots on the straps - but they are shiny and clean.  I will have to take her up to our favorite shoes store tomorrow to pick out a new pair of sneakers that can accommodate the orthotics.  Her already wide feet can make this quite difficult, but Ed (the kids' show guy) always seems to find a solution.  The first time we got her orthotics it was emotional for me.  It was yet another "handicapped" sign.  I have grown to love those orthotics.  They have been instrumental in keeping Wavey on her feet.  She is a much better walker when wearing them.  I was excited to get them today; happy that these expensive pieces of molded plastic will allow her to continue to hold my hand and take walks around the park.

Comments

Heather said…
So thankful for small blessings... Praying for you.

-Heather (Heidi's sister)

Popular Posts