Puree

I wrote earlier this month about Wavey's continued problems with eating.  I finally took the Cuisinart out of the cupboard and started pureeing her dinner.  I have been making a lot of pastas for her, since they are easy to chop up.  I throw some cooked chicken and veggies in for a balanced meal.  I just can't get to the point of pureeing a real meal - pork, potato and broccoli.  It sounds so gross all mashed up into one bowl.  However, I am sure I will get there soon.

I cried the first time I mashed up some spinach & cheese ravioli.  I just can't believe we have reached this point.  I remember saying to people when they asked about the progression of the disease that eventually children with Sanfilippo lose the ability to swallow and walk.  And then I find myself her - pureeing her dinner and owning a big pink wheelchair.

Wavey loves the new routine.  She has been finishing all of her dinner.  She isn't gagging and coughing anymore during mealtime.  She can simply enjoy her food and we can relax knowing she safe.

Comments

Joanne Huff said…
I'm so sorry about all of this, Shannon. It's all so devestating, like seeing puzle pieces come to life that slowly create an unwanted image and reality.

Please know that we think of you all often and have such hope that a treatment will be found so that Waverly and Oliver won't be presented that reality . Joanne

Popular Posts