*That* Mother

I became *that* mother today.  

Waverly had a field trip with her 1st grade peers this morning.  This was her first non-walking field trip and I was a bit nervous.

I ended up driving over to the school to watch the kids board the bus.  In addition to this being her first big field trip with the mainstream kids, it was also her first time riding in her wheelchair on the bus and using the lift.  One of the aides from her classroom accompanied her.  I just had to see that she was okay.  Silly, I know.  But I felt so much better as I watched her ride the lift onto the bus.

Her teacher wrote this afternoon to say Wavey had a lovely time.  She enjoyed the entire adventure and returned to her classroom with all smiles.  Phew!

Comments

Shannon said…
That's not silly at all...I bet many, MANY moms would have done the same thing. You all are amazing! Love your blog and beautiful kids:)
The Leivas said…
I'm with 'ya. I am so that mother this week. I'm glad that I've found so any other moms out there who offer so much support and reassurance. I am glad that waverly had a good time!
kasey said…
If you mean by "that mother" the most wonderful, caring, strong mother I have ever "met" than you are "that mother". Your blog is inspiration to me as a mother.

Popular Posts