The Crying Has Returned

I am at a loss.  Waverly has been crying so much the past week.  She is crying nearly continuously when she arrives home from school and she has been shedding more tears in the classroom.  Her mobility has definitely decreased over the past few months.  Her hamstrings and heel cords are getting tighter.  Her range of motion has decreased.  Her knees and feel have been swollen at times.  We have seen countless doctors, who have been unable to provide any answers.  Blood work and x-rays have been clear.  Our physiatrist is unable to see Waverly until the end of July.  We saw someone new who recommended a new style of orthotics, but his knowledge of Waverly & Sanfilippo were minimal at best.

I contacted our geneticist at NIH, after a particularly bad day.  Waverly had cried for 4 hours straight.  She immediately contact the PMR doctor she works closely with and he is going to see her on Wednesday morning.  He has a lot of experience with Lysosomal Storage Disorders and mobility issues.  I was thrilled to get an appointment so quickly.  We will also follow up with our geneticist that same day.  She wants to give Wavey a thorough exam, to see if there could be anything else going on.  She knows Waverly and knows that crying is not at all like her.

I hope we can find some answers.  She cried almost the entire time we were at a birthday party this afternoon.  She is unable to be comforted.  Her eyes well up with tears.  I truly think she is in pain.

Comments

Joanne Huff said…
Hi Shannon,

This is so heartbreaking to think about, Waverly crying like that. I can imagine how painful it must be for you to watch.

I'm so so glad they scheduled an appointment for you with little waiting time. I'm sure it will be worth it's weight in gold. I'll be eager to hear how it went and hoping you walk away with an answer. Thinking of you &
happy happy Mother's Day! Joanne
camille said…
Shannon, I am so sorry to hear this. I really hope you can get some answers at the next doctor's appointment. I am just so sad that she can't tell you, Connor can't tell me when something is wrong either, and it breaks my heart. Will be praying.

Popular Posts