Meet the McNeil Family

Meet the McNeil Family

Thursday, May 5, 2011

MPS Awareness Day

MPS Awareness Day is quickly approaching.  This year, the kids' school is joining in our effort to raise awareness.  A flyer was sent home yesterday asking parents to have their kids wear purple on Friday May 13th in support of Waverly & Oliver.  The Student Council is busy making posters reminding kids to wear purple.  And they are highlighting the event in their daily news video.

I have been so nervous about reaching out to the school community.  I  worry that parents are going to be upset for some reason and cause a fuss.  However, the response from the teachers and student council has been so wonderful.  I am truly excited about next Friday.  I will be at school for a volunteer event, so I hope to see a sea of purple.

Thanks to the VES community for showing your support for Waverly & Oliver.

No comments: