Calling London Home


Hello. Matt & I decided to put together a pseudo-blog in order to keep family and friends updated and to stop inundating your e-mail boxes with new details and photos. This way you can check us out when you are thinking of us. Hopefully this will prove to be an easy way to keep you up to date.

We arrived in London about a week ago. The kids both did beautifully on the plane. Jet lag was a bigger deal than we anticipated, but we seem to have settled into a routine. Our flat is lovely - in a great area of London, within walking distance of most things we need. I am enjoying the daily run to the "fruit & veg" and brasserie. Matt is really enjoying his work. The kids seem fairly unfazed that we are in a new place. Within a few days Waverly was calling it "home", especially when her toys & books arrived.

We are hoping to enroll Wavey in a special nursery school for kids with hearing & speech issues. This will be a great social learning setting for her and a wonderful break for me. We should find out this week whether they will accept her into the program or not.

I am hoping to join a playgroup with other parents from the Embassy. We are also in the process of finding a church that will hopefully provide a source of friendships for the family. Not being lonely on the road is the key to making this a success.

We miss our family & friends very much. You must come for a visit. London is a lovely city, albeit incredibly expensive. We will be expert tourguides soon.

Comments

test said…
I was just thinking that we never honor Benedict Arnold as much as you'd expect.

I mean, MLK gets a whole day off, plus a street in a bunch of sketchy neighborhoods nationwide, and all Benedict gets named after him are eggs served up the most disgusting way imaginable.

So good job on that memorial, Brits. Oh, and congrats on the move and etc.

(Josh and Katie, but mostly Josh)
JamieBirch said…
Great to hear from you guys. Glad to hear that everything is going well and you are adjusting to the new country. Did you have trouble adjusting to the language gap :)

Keep us updated.

Oh, if you want help making your blog available in RSS so people can subscribe to it, just let me know, I've done it to a few of mine already.

Jamie B
the birches said…
Hi guys! So glad to hear your having a great time. Post more pictures! We want to see your flat and some of the places that fill your lives every day.
This is a wonderful experience for you all and have fun. It's so exciting experiencing new places.
We love you
Aunt Donna and Uncle Ed.
Ellen said…
I am such a nerd; I found myself reading this with a British accent.

I'm so glad you are getting settled in - and so excited that you'll keep us up to date!
Courtney said…
Glad you all made it safe & sound and are adjusting well. Enjoy every bit of it. And thank you...now I'm going to have The Clash in my head all day.

XOXO!
Court
Laura said…
OH - this is truly marvelous! I'm putting you on my blogroll immediately, and I can't wait to read about your adventures!

Popular Posts