Drizzly

I remember in "The Office" (the real BBC version), Dawn referenced the weather forecast in London was going to be "drizzly" and was she ever correct. It seems that every time we get the diaper (UK nappy) bag packed up, the stroller (UK pushchair or buggy) down the 3 flights of stairs to the lobby, and the kids clothed in multiple layers for the various weather conditions, it is pouring by the time we get outside. Yesterday the sky finally looked like it was clear and once we were outside to head to the park, the sky opened up again and it started to rain.

Back home rainy days are usually spent indoors, but here life goes on as before. This is something that I have to get used to. The rain cover for the stroller has been an absolute necessity - I am so glad I opted for that!

Waverly had a fun day at "school" today. Everyone says she is a delight, although she needs to work on sharing and taking turns. Surprise! She loves to go to the playground.

Oliver is teething and it must really hurt, because he has been very fussy the past few days. (I do not remember that with Wavey.) He is going to try some veggies tonight for supper - it is very difficult to find baby food here, but I just had some delivered this afternoon. Broccoli, pears and peas are on the menu.

Matt & I are both doing well. Matt is settling into his job and really enjoys the work. He has been able to use Telugu a few times, which makes those 9 months of studying all worth it. :)

We are thinking of a December trip to Germany & Austria. We have heard the Christmas markets are a must see and we have always wanted to visit that part of Europe. We must take advantage of our proximity and travel.

Comments

Unknown said…
Hello dahhhhhhhling! It is so wonderful to reconnect! Steve forwarded me your message. I will respond tonight! Let's start a support group called "MY CHILD THINKS OUTSIDE THE BOX YOU'RE TRYING TO PUT HER (HIM) IN!" Oh we have so much to chat about! You can vent to me! I've vented all over the place! It helps! You're a GREAT mommy. Don't let someone make you think otherwise....
Hi, i just came by via Laura at Quotidian Mysteries. I read all your posts and enjoyed them a lot!

Popular Posts