Hitting The Road

We are off to Duke this morning. We are entering into a whole new phase and I think reality is really going to hit us when we step into the hospital tomorrow morning. We have a week of pre-transplant evaluations on both kids. At the end of the week, Matt and I are hoping to make a decision on whether or not we are going to pursue the transplant option. Please pray for a "gut feeling" and that both of us are in agreement. This is going to be an incredibly tough decision for us, but we know that there is no right or wrong. We don't have a laptop, so hopefully our hotel will have a business center. I will try to update the blog and let you know how things are going and what we have decided. Pray for Waverly and Oliver. This is going to be an extremely difficult week for them.

Comments

Fletcherjj said…
We will keep you in our prayers!
Lizze said…
Sending tons of prayers and positive thoughts up to Heaven on your behalf. *hugs to all*

Good luck & God Bless!
Anonymous said…
Praying for you all.

Alice H
Hummel Family said…
Praying for you all! Also thinking of you this week as you go through a lot of obstacles. May you relax in the arms of Jesus and let Him guide step by step.
Blaza said…
Absolutely friend! We continue to pray for you through this very difficult week. I love you all!
Katie said…
Shannon, oh a blast from the past, it's me, Katie Wilder (although it's Weigle now). I still have the Geiger connection at Faith EFC and my sister, Kimberly, sent me your blog. I cried as I read through April. My heart aches for you, your husband, and the children. As hard as it may be, remember that God is in the midst of everything. He created your two beautiful children for an incredible purpose and He will reveal that to you.

Much love to you and I will be praying for you guys especially for your time at Duke.

Katie
Unknown said…
Let us know if you need potential bone marrow matches. I'd be happy to get a tissue test.
rubberpoultry said…
We're definitely praying for you guys this week. I hope that decision is something you both feel a sense of peace about.

Blessings to you all.

Jason
I found your blog from our friend Ann (Snow) Schmidt. I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you all and sending you lots of happy thoughts to carry you through this difficult week! May God be with you during this time!
Heidi said…
Oh my...I hadn't even thought about offering to be a donor. Would gladly get tested. Thinking of you.
Unknown said…
Matt,
Went to the catholic St. James, Spanish Place Church Sunday and offered a prayer for you and yours. At sermon time, it felt like God answered. Father Terry who was giving the sermon literally said; "tell them not to have troubled hearts, tell them not to be judgemental, tell them not to lose hope..."
Thought you'd like to know.
Lyn
Hi Shannon

This is Jess Robson from the Walnut creek bible study in columbus. We're praying too.
we miss you.
Andy Mac said…
The Lord's peace, my brother (and sister-in-law)! May He be gracious to you.

Andy

Popular Posts