Spring Has Arrived

The weather is absolutely lovely today. The sun is finally shining and it is warm (in London terms). The sunshine just made me feel better. Waverly started back up at nursery school this morning. She was so excited to be back with her friends and teachers. Oliver and I spent the morning at one of our favorite parks with some friends. They put together the nicest scrapbook for the kids. It has photos, drawings, stickers, notes, etc. It was such a thoughtful gift and Waverly LOVES it. (Thanks, girls!!) Oliver discovered a love for cars at the park and I bought him his first little matchbox type car. He loves it and carried it around most of the afternoon. I just feel like some of the dark clouds are lifting. Nothing has changed, but I am still the mommy of 2 amazing kids. I want to make their time on this earth as special and magical as possible. I need to be positive for their sakes, not neglecting the need to mourn and be real with my emotions. I am considering just moving the family to Disney World. It is Waverly's favorite place on earth and I have always said that I think she would love to live in the 100 Acre Woods with Pooh & the gang. If only Disney needed a diplomat....

Comments

Laurie said…
Before I finished reading your blog my thoughts were going toward Disney World. So glad you finished my thought. If you move to 100 Acre Woods, we're coming too!
kidsmom said…
Maybe that's not such a bad thought.

If you knew/know your time on earth is short, where would you go and what would you do?

I don't even remotely know your family, but reading your blog was like a punch in the gut.

Oliver looks so much like my son at that age.

I've done a lot of thinking about your story.
Alicia said…
Shannon--your heart is beautiful. I am so inspired by how deeply you love your kids.
Lisa M said…
Matt and Shannon,

Many are praying for your kids and loving them...our whole church is praying for you guys...that's about 2,500 people that you don't even know!

If Laurie is moving with you to the 100 Acre woods then we're coming too...that's Owen's favorite show!

Lisa (Laurie's sister)
Mike and Sarah said…
I am so glad to hear that there are glimmers of hope poking through the darkness. You ARE an amazing mother to two beautiful children! By the way, my boys LOVE matchbox cars... and they both started loving them around Oliver's age. I think it's so cute.

Popular Posts