My Plea

I have been away from the blog this week. We have been trying to enjoy the semi-spring weather and adjusting to being back home. Waverly was back with her therapists - she missed them and has been doing a great job. We have spent every day outside at a local park. We have been back together with our London friends, which has been great. (Thanks, girls!) The parks are my favorite thing living in London. Both kids really love being outside and strolling around the city. (I missed my double stroller and walking while I was back in the US.) Oliver has fallen in love with sand and swings. No word yet on Oliver's test results. We hope to get good news next week. I have to say that while the blog has served me well in terms of keeping everyone up to date on our family, it has alienated me a bit. I have found that I have had less contact with all of you, because you are keeping up with our news via the web. All that to say, I still need to hear from my friends. I miss you all.

Comments

Mike and Sarah said…
So glad to hear that you are enjoying your time back in London. I continue to pray for positive test results for Oliver and peace for you guys while you wait.
rubberpoultry said…
Hello Shannon,

I am a friend from Matt's past. We were best friends from about 4th grade through most of high school.

My parents came for a visit this evening, and told us about your story after learning about it from people in their church (Grace United Methodist).

My wife Michele, (who also knew Matt fairly well) and I have spent the last couple of hours searching for and then reading every entry in your blog. We have felt so much emotion over the course of learning the details of your journey over the last couple of years.

As parents of one (with a second coming in July) we can barely fathom what you're going through. While no words really seem right to capture how much we feel for you right now, I wanted to post here and tell you that you will be in our thoughts and prayers from this day on.

You have so beautifully captured your family through what must have, at times, been nearly impossible words to write. What an incredible gift Waverly and Oliver are. Even in the limited time we've had to know them, reading your words, and seeing their photos, has touched our lives.

Please know (and tell Matt) that you can add two more to those who will be praying for you and the kids.

May God provide a peace that passes understanding for you and your family.

Jason Moore
Shannon--I just want you and Matt to know that we are praying for you and your precious little ones. (And also coveting your time in London a little bit!!!) Thanks so much for keeping us posted.

Popular Posts