No Miracles Today

We just found out that Oliver does indeed have Sanfilippo. We are heartbroken.

Comments

Jared Pike said…
You're wrong. It's a miracle that two (2!) kids with this disease were able to find their way to the exact 2 parents who will love them and care for them better than anybody else on earth. That's a miracle as far as I'm concerned.
bome62 said…
Shannon, i am praying for your precious family daily. Our dear Lord is the almighty physician & he has all the answers.
Bonnie Meyer
Washington, Missouri
Rafael said…
Dear Shannon and Matt,

I almost held back this comment until I saw this one from "Jakepride".

The same thought occurred to me: What are the chances? Why? How? God only knows... and know He does. I don't believe in chance and cooincidence. I can only believe there is a reason for this. Such a rare disease. Don't take it wrong, but it's almost like a lottery. Our society sees pain and suffering as a condemnation. Other cultures embrace "misfortune" as a calling, a manner of being chosen to carry an enormous burden.

I can't think of two stronger, more positive and dedicated people to take upon this task of love.

Waverly and Oliver, Sanfilipo or not, are truly blessed to have you as parents. They look so healthy and happy in the photos. I truly believe that as long as you stay strong for them, they will be two of the happiest children on Earth.

You're whole family is an example and an inspiration to me when I dwell on my petty concerns.

God bless every one of you.

Rafael
Unknown said…
Matt and Shannon- you are in our prayers. Your sweet children are just adorable and blessed to have you guys as parents. God is holding your family right now- cling to that and know that He is in control in the midst of heartbreak. Please let any of us know if your family needs anything at all.
Ann
Mike and Sarah said…
Matt and Shannon... my heart breaks for you guys. I can't imagine the pain you are feeling. You are being prayed for!!!
Deanna said…
Matt and Shannon,

I heard about your news from Sarah's blog. Want yout to know that I'm praying for you and your children as you face the road ahead.... for strength and wisdom, for comfort, and for the ability to persevere through each day.

I will continue to follow your blog.... and will continue to pray.

Much love,
Deanna (Burch) Greene
Lizze said…
Shannon, I agree whole heartedly with jakepride. God knew what he was doing when he sent those beautiful, special children to parents who will love them and move Heaven and Earth to help them. I'm praying for you and sending many, many positive thoughts your way. *hugs*
Matt and Shannon--

My heart just aches for you. I have no idea what to say, except to tell you that I have been petitioning people to pray for you, and we continue to pray for you and your beautiful babies, as well!
Hummel Family said…
Oh, precious family of God! My heart is aching with you BUT praying for a BIG MIRACLE for your precious little ones. May you feel GOD'S Loving Arms!!!!
Marcy Wickiser said…
I echo everything your other friends have said, and I promise to pray for you, too.
kflyingcircus said…
Shannon & Matt, You have a long, hard road ahead. These two kiddos couldn't have better parents taking care of them than the two of you. We will be praying for you guys. Hug those kiddos. They are precious gifts from God. Love to you all. Jessica (DeKorne) Korsmo
rubberpoultry said…
Matt and Shannon,

I wish I was capable of finding words to comfort you in your heartbrokenness right now. I wish there was something I could say that would ease the pain you're experiencing on this day. I sit here staring blankly at my screen, hurting for you, and wishing there was something I could do for you.

All I know to do is pray and celebrate with the others here that you are Oliver and Waverly's parents.

God bless your family.
Jason Moore
Erin Kathleen said…
Matt & Shannon, I have been reading your blog as of late, and wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts and prayers - you are deeply cherished by so many, and I know your children are blessed to have you as parents. The road ahead is a long one, but please know that you will be surrounded by family and friends, old and new, at every step of the way. I wish I could do more, do something tangible, but I can certainly lift all of you up in prayer, and will continue to do so. I wish you strength, peace, and clarity of direction in the days ahead.
J. Grant Dys said…
Matt and Shannon (and your precious family)

Jared is right. May God comfort you today and everyday. Our prayers are with you, for our words fail.

Jeremy (and Jennie) Dys

Popular Posts