Normalcy...Kind Of

Things feel surprisingly normal. Oliver slept all night - I think he is back on GMT already. Waverly and I were up for a few hours during the night, but slept in. Matt was up early for work. Waverly had group therapy today. She was so excited to be back and see her little friend, Sophie. Oliver and I walked about and ran a few errands. It has actually been quite a nice day. In some ways, coming home is a way to forget everything that has happened these past few weeks. It felt like we were able to leave the pain from her diagnosis behind in the US. But this morning, reality set in again. I am answering questions, describing MPS III, and wondering what is in store for our family after our time at Duke. I am also anxiously awaiting a phone call from the doctor with Oliver's results. We just want to enjoy our 3 weeks in London. This may turn out to be our last days here in the UK. We want to really enjoy it!

Comments

Jawn said…
After reconnecting with y'all on facebook - I've read your blog and caught up on your family. I can't imagine as parents how difficult it all is, but please know that I will be keeping the four of you in my prayers, that God will help you make the best decisions for your little ones. It is amazing what He allows doctors to do nowadays. One of my twins had a hole in her heart fixed before she was 2. Take care and enjoy your time back in London!
kflyingcircus said…
M & S,
We're praying for you guys. I know it is tough to have so many unanswered questions, an possible move, so many transitions and not knowing what God has in store. He is faithful, friends. He will reveal all of that information when you need to know it. Something I am learning right now. Trust HIM.
Sending love & hugs from Okinawa, Japan.

Popular Posts