A Hundred For A Home

My name is Kamarah and my college roommate, Michele, and I are close friends of Shannon's - we went to school together at Taylor University.

As the last year has progressed and we have learned of the diagnosis of Oliver and Waverly, Michele and I have been burdened to figure out how we can help Matt and Shannon.  In one conversation I had with Shannon, she expressed her and Matt's desire to buy a house and make it a comfortable home for their family.  However, due to the high cost of living in Northern Virginia, affording a house is extremely difficult for them right now.  (As I's sure you know, they are currently in a  two bedroom apartment.)

So, Michele and I created an exciting opportunity for people to give in order to help Matt, Shannon, Waverly and Oliver....but we need your help!!!

It is called, "A Hundred for a Home".  The goal of this fundraiser is to ask as many people as possible (our goal is 4,000) people to each donate $100.  All of the money will go toward helping the McNeil's purchase a home, make necessary home modifications (to make it wheelchair accessible), as well as their out-of-pocket medical expenses.

Michele and I believe that Matt and Shannon's experience is a unique one and that people truly would like to be a part of helping them.

Please check out  www.ahundredforahome.com  for details.

Comments

Jen said…
A wonderful idea!!

(I am an Anderson University alum!)
Unknown said…
shannon is blessed to have wonderful friends like you!! I will pass this information along to friends & family! thank you for organizing this!
jillbuckeye said…
What a great idea! A wonderful way to help out the family for those of us who don't live near the D.C. area. I've forwarded the info to many of Matt and my high school classmates. Wouldn't it be great to see the goal shattered!

Popular Posts