Christmas Has Arrived

Christmas has finally arrived to our home.  I am usually anxious to begin decorating immediately after Thanksgiving, but this year I was delayed.  No particular reason, although I think a part of me does hate that I have to significantly limit the decor.  Our apartment is so small, it can't really handle too much in way of decorations.  Plus, the kids will pull down, knock down, tear down and chew anything they can possibly reach (and Wavey is really getting tall!).  So I put up the tree tonight with lights and bead strings, put some candles in the living room windows and hung their stockings up high where I hope they won't be able to reach.  It is simple, but still lovely.  I love the glow from Christmas lights.






Oliver came home from school today with a gingerbread house he made.  They basically covered a milk carton with gingerbread crackers and then decorated with icing and candy.  It is adorable!!  There are areas quite lacking in decoration...I think he got hungry.




Comments

The Leivas said…
I love Oliver's gingerbread house. I might have to steal that idea!
Anonymous said…
Ollie has succeeded at something I never could do...make a gingerbread house. It is lovely.
Grandma K
Erin said…
What a gorgeous Christmas tree! I initially thought the top photo was a postcard, but then I realized, nope, it's real! :-) Oliver's gingerbread house is adorable, and I giggle thinking of him picking off bits of it to eat!

Popular Posts