OTR

Last night my friend Laura and I went to see one of my favorite bands play at the Sixth&I Synagogue in DC.  Matt gave me the tickets for by birthday.  He likes to give experiences instead of things - I love that.  I have been a fan of Over the Rhine since I was a freshman in college and their songs have been a constant companion.  Music has a way of touching my spirit in a very special way and my tears usually come when listening to songs.  They did not disappoint.  It was a great night.

If you aren't familiar with their music, check them out on itunes.  Their song "Professional Daydreamer" from the Ohio album is one of my favorites and I was thrilled they performed it last night.  It was the highlight of the concert for me.

Comments

Erin Kathleen said…
I have the same feeling about them, Shannon! They've been the soundtrack of my life for the past 15 years or so - and somehow always manage to speak to me right where I need it. Music - especially theirs - speaks to the soul in a way that words cannot. I have so many favorites - "Latter Days" especially. They opened the show with "I Don't Wanna Waste Your Time" which had me in tears. Perfect.

Popular Posts