Welcome to Our Chaos

A few entries ago I wrote about our new normal.  Matt and I both feel like we have settled into life as we now know it.  We have been a bit isolated the past year, but I think we finally feel ready to "enter society" again.  I think hosting Wavey's birthday party was our first step.  We had some friends over for bunch Sunday morning and it went really well.  Even though our life feels chaotic, we are welcoming people to join our chaos.

Having 2 children with Sanfilippo is difficult, for all of the obvious reasons.  I never know what to expect with Waverly and I am always anticipating with Oliver.  He turns 3 in a few weeks and I have been dreading this birthday.  By age 3.5 is was quite obvious that Waverly was behind her peers.  I think that age has always been in the back of my head pertaining to Oli..almost like some kind of bizarre countdown. I know that Oliver's progression with the disease could be different from Waverly's, but in all likelihood it will be very similar.  I hate knowing what is to come.

Comments

The Leivas said…
I'm glad that you're back to entertaining. You are a constant source of inspiration for me. I so appreciate your perspecitive and your honesty.

Popular Posts