Clap Your Hands

Oliver's class had their Valentine's Day party this morning.  The parents were invited to come in and celebrate with the kids.  I had to run a few errands, so I was a bit late.  I arrived during the end of music - Oliver's favorite part of the school day.  They were singing "If You're Happy and You Know It".  (Oli's favorite song.)  He was clapping and dancing and gave me a HUGE smile when he realized I walked in.  *precious*  Next we opened his Valentine mailbox and went through all of the cards.  He was mostly interested in the candy.  The kids played for awhile and then it was lunch time.  Oli was thrilled with the heart shaped cookies covered in sprinkles.

He still doesn't interact with the other kids very much.  I remember seeing the same behavior in Waverly at this age.  I couldn't figure out why she preferred to sit and watch the other kids, instead of joining in to play.  Even though these changes are expected due to Sanfilippo's progression, they are still difficult to witness.

I took Waverly to see a GI doctor today.  We have never needed one before, but I am so glad we are forming a relationship with one now.  He is going to become a valuable part of her medical team.  Her recent illness has seemed to disappear, but there were a few other concerns he wanted to address - mainly chronic diarrhea.  She is going to have an upper GI done to rule out any issues.  He also suggested a few other remedies we can try.  We aren't necessarily worried that there is a problem, but we would love to improve her quality of life.  Unfortunately, runny poop multiple times per day does not make for a fun day.

Comments

Popular Posts