Kind Stranger

We took the kids to Chipotle last night for dinner.  They love the chips!  We go there every week - our usual.  We have a whole system in place.  I go in and order, Matt brings in the kids, Wavey sits in her stroller pulled up to the table - a well oiled machine.  There was a woman sitting at the table next to ours.  She was alone and I kept noticing her watching the kids.  Sometimes people look at the kids with confusion or disgust, other times they look at them with compassion and love.  The woman was definitely the latter.  We all left the restaurant at the same time.  I walked Oliver down the stairs and Matt took Wavey down the ramp.  The woman stopped him and handed him $40.  She said she thoroughly enjoying watching our family and loved the way we all interacted.  She didn't think we looked as if we were "in need", but she wanted to give us something to buy a special treat for each of the kids from her.  Matt was stunned and thanked her for her kindness.  It was an ordinary dinner, but she saw something special in Waverly & Oliver and that was her way of helping.  It was inspiring.  I want to follow her example.  It doesn't have to be money, it can just be a word of encouragement. 

In case you are wondering, we have the money set aside for special chocolate milk and ice cream treats for the kids.  We are taking 2 road trips in the next few weeks.  They kids will love having some sweet treats along the way.

Comments

Gina Kay said…
Hi friend! I'm been wanting to make more effort to keep up with your blog. I'm so glad you take the time to write, post pictures, share your heart. Sending you a huge hug!
Anonymous said…
That is just beautiful!! Brought tears to my eyes!!!
connie and adam said…
They are so pretty and cute. I agree with you they do need a blanket. All you have to do is click on the blanket area on the side of the screen and fill in your info. Please vist my blog www.adampeanut.blogspot.com
Anonymous said…
Jesus would be proud.

Thank you for this story.
Anonymous said…
I keep thinking about this post.

Matt should be credited with accepting the gift graciously,too.

I've shared this post with friends.

This changed my day.
Anonymous said…
I got chill bumps reading this! You all are such an inspiration to me and I look forward to reading your blog everyday.

Fellow TU grad
Jenny said…
What a sweet, sweet way to express kindness...and there isn't a better way than to love on your children!
Your children are so beautiful and their names are so fitting...such sweet names.
I always find your blog through my TU friends blog...I just want you to know I think of you often...as a mother.
Praying for your family and those snuggly kids. Children with special needs can bring such strength to our lives...you are such a gift to your family...a fearless woman. I am praying for you, for strength in everyday...I cannot imagine the challenges you face....BUT you are an inspiration too!
Thank you for sharing the testimony of your family.

Love,
Jenny

Popular Posts