Falling

It was a beautiful day - sunny and no humidity.  I decided to take Waverly for a little walk around the apartment complex.  She loves to hold hands and wander...I love it, too.  We walked the block to the pool and I showed her where we will spend our hot summer afternoons.  As we were walking back, she keep dropping to her knees.  This is typical.  Sometimes it is because she is tired of walking and other times she is simply telling me she wants to stop for a moment.  This time was different.  Each time I lifted her up and placed her back on her feet she would drop to her knees.  Over and over again.  Her little feet were turned in and I could tell she wanted to stand, she just physically couldn't.  I ended up having to pick her up and carry her back to the apartment.  (Not an easy feat carrying a 70 pound little girl.)  Once we got inside she walked over to the living room and sat for a bit looking at books.

I am not sure if this was simply a result of being too tired to continue walking or if this was a sign of things to come.  We know that she will eventually lose her ability to walk, I am just not ready for it yet.  Can one ever be ready for that though?

Comments

Jenkins said…
Praying that she will be strong, her little legs to be able to walk her for a long time.

Popular Posts