No Doors

Matt and I are doing well...all things considered. We were able to go out on a date last week, while his parents were visiting. We went to one of Gordon Ramsey's restaurants called, The Warrington. It was a fantastic pub and we had an amazing meal!! It was so nice to be alone together and just be in love with one another....forgetting for a few moments about the future. We are trying to be very intentional with our marriage, knowing that the stress we are under can be fatal to a relationship. We will not allow that to happen. As Matt so beautifully said to me one night, "Sanfilippo is already taking both of my kids away from me. I will not allow it to take you, too."
We have decided that we are definitely leaving London. We need to settle down and make a home for our family. We will be back in the US at the end of July or beginning of August. We will most likely settle in the DC area, since Matt has a job lined up there already. (If only the cost of living wasn't so ridiculously high!! It scares us.) I feel like I have so much to do to once we arrive home...doctor appointments, figuring out a therapy and school plan, buying a house, buying a car, etc. I get panicked just thinking about it.
These past few days have been really difficult. I think the relief of finally making a decision has worn off and the reality that we closed the door to our only option is setting in. I do not regret the decision we made. I only wish that there was something we could do - something other than sitting back and waiting for this awful disease to take our kids away from us. I am getting tired and am emotionally exhausted.

Comments

Katie said…
Shannon,
We live in the DC area (on the Maryland side). As you begin trying to figure out all of those details...house, doctors, etc, I'd be happy to help in any way that I can. Selfishly, I would love for you guys to settle near us! I think of you and pray for you and your family often. I'm glad you are at peace with you decisions, although I cannot imagine the enormity of what you're feeling on a daily basis.
Much love,
Katie (Wilder) Weigle
Erin Kathleen said…
Shannon & Matt,
We're outside of NYC, so probably can't be much help with finding a place to live, etc., but if there is anything we can do, please let me know. We're only a few hours from DC by train. You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I wish I could say something, do something, to make this better - but please know that you are cherished, as are your children, by many people far and wide. May you experience some peace and rest in this time of seeming chaos.
Kristy & Adam said…
Hi Shannon & Matt,

Adam and I are still in the Virginia area. We are about 40 minutes away from the city. Please let me know of any way I can help. I would be more then happy to help in house hunting or anything else you may need. If you want to contact me, here is my email address - reph8595@yahoo.com. I think about you guys every day and I love you all. Take care!
Love,
Kristy
Rachel said…
you don't know me but I have been following your story through the Hummel's blog. i'm so sad that you are going through this. please know that your family is constantly in our prayers!

The Hunt's
HM said…
Hi Shannon and Matt,

Let me know if you need ANYTHING at all while you're in D.C. (or ever, really, but particularly when you're in D.C.)! Don and I are moving, so unfortunately, I can't offer a place to stay, but seriously, anything else let me know. We'd be happy to babysit the kids if you need a night off, too.
Helen Marie
Amy B said…
You have a good man, Shannon... What a beautiful thing.

Popular Posts