Thank You Duke

Today we finally notified Duke to let them know that we are not going to move ahead with the transplant. For some reason, even though we are so confident in our decision, writing down those words has been very difficult for me. Matt took the lead and wrote to the fabulous doctor who worked with our family. We quickly received a lovely response back from him. I am sure we will remain in close contact with Duke. They are experts on Sanfilippo and we will need their knowledge. Even though I know we made the right decision for our family, it is still a sad night for me. It is my hope that Duke's passion to help kids with MPS will one day lead to a treatment and cure. I hope that by treating Waverly & Oliver, they can help other families down the road.

Comments

Jen said…
I am praying for you and your sweet family. You know, absolutely, what is right for your kids. Don't doubt yourself.

Popular Posts