Old Friends

Last night I had the wonderful opportunity to meet up with some very dear friends.  We realized that we have known each other 20 years (gasp!).  2 of the girls are in LA and the other is in PA.  We were able to organize a one night event for all of us to get together, while the LA girls were visiting family out east.  I was out the door as soon as Matt got home from work last night and I spent the evening (and into the wee hours of the morning) with my friends.  I don't have a lot of friends here in DC, so it is always such a treat to have some girl time.  We reminisced, laughed, cried, shared...it was terrific!!  They also came over this afternoon for a bit to meet Waverly & Oliver.  It was lovely being able to introduce my kids to them and to give them an idea of what home like is for our family.  I think it provides my friends a much better idea of what my days entail and I feel understood.

I cried after they left.  I miss having those close friendships...especially those that have such a full history.  Life tends to get lonely for me.  We feel isolated at times.  But moments with friends are so good for my soul and sustain me until my next visit.

Comments

Popular Posts