Both Kids Asleep

Matt did such a great job posting last night.  Oliver and I left the hospital this morning.  We actually had a relatively restful night sleep.  He had quite a bit of nausea from the medications and anesthesia, put after a few tries the correct anti-nausea drug was found and he slept soundly.  He has been grumpy (but I would be to after all of this).  He has also been incredibly hungry and feasting on bananas, apple sauce, jello, yogurt and popsicles.  Every time he finishes a snack, he immediately signs *MORE*.  He has been in a mommy only mood, but I don't mind in the slightest.  My mom is here for the rest of the week and she is taking the lead on caring for Waverly.  I don't know how we would get through this week without her help.

Comments

Colleen said…
Glad things went so well with the surgery and the recovery-we've been praying for you. Our little guy just went through the T and A a couple months ago and had a pretty rough time after. Good to hear Oliver is so hungry too! (The refusing to eat after was one of our issues:) We'll be praying his recovery from this continues to go well!
Penny said…
I am happy to hear Oliver's surgery went well and it's so great that your Mom came to help with Waverly!
Misty said…
Oh I am so glad to read that the surgery went well. Thank God for Mom. Thank you , from one MPS mom to an MPS Grandma, Thank you from the bottom of my heart I wish I had a you!! Will did very well the day after surgery..up running around acting fine and then the next day he sort of sank. I do not want to send you any bad messages but I thought how incredibly well he was doing I was amazed. Then it hit him on day 2. I hope that this doesn't happen to Olli just a heads up. matt you did a great job blogging...kind of like a Johnny Carson fill in!!Please do not feel bad for working, that is part of life, your position is needed. Praying for all of you, Misty
Christy Spence said…
I am pleased all went well with Oliver's surgery. I think of you often and pray for you often. Although at times my prayers feel redundant, God knows my heart and intercedes for me.
Anytime my children accomplish anything new, I'm brought back to the sadness of your situation and want to cry out, "It's Not Far!"
God does know the plans for us and it's not to harm but to prosper. I'm sure this is a hard concept for you, but scripture is the only means I have to offer encouragement for you. Our family looks forward to seeing you soon. With love, from The Spence-Anderson Family

Popular Posts