Two Steps Back

Oliver had a rough day.  He actually slept quite nicely last night and I thought we were going to do alright.  But he has been running a slight fever and not wanting to eat/drink today.  He is also incredibly clingy and doesn't want me out of his sight.  He is still awake, but I am hoping he will be drifting off to sleep within the next few moments.

In other news we finally have both an EEG and MRI scheduled for Waverly.  Unfortunately we were not able to coordinate the tests for the same day.  We were hoping to limit the number of times she has to be sedated, since she has such difficulties with anesthsia.  I am not sure why Children's is unable to arrange this for us, but it seems like an impossible task for them.

Waverly has been a dream this week!!  She has been so well behaved.  My mom has really taken the lead with Waverly, since I have been busy with Oliver and Matt is working & on duty (meaning he is on call each night for the next 7 nights for any American citizen issues involving the State Department).  Wavey responds so beautifully to Grandma and they have been having a great time together.

Comments

Hi, Matt & Shannon.

Another blog I read (littleoneapril.blogspot.com) has a weekly feature called "His Will Wednesdays" where readers submit prayers requests and the blog writer compiles them in a post so her readers can pray for the requests. I thought of submitting Waverly & Oliver, along with your website, but wanted to check with you first. Would you mind if I added them to the list?
Shannon said…
That is fine with us. Thanks for thinking of us!!
Kristin said…
I can imagine your mom is such a calming presence for the kids - she sure has been for me!!! :-) Love to you all!
Jenkins said…
Hopefully Oliver will get back to himself soon. I love his sign for more...he seems to do it with such passion!
Sorry to hear about the scheduling difficulty with Childrens.
Anonymous said…
Hi Shannon & family - thinking of you today and hoping for the best.

I'm so sorry to hear about the Hospital's insensitivity to dear Waverly's needs. She and her brother have more than enough obstacles and pain to deal with, without red tape getting in the way. SO frustrating!!

Good luck to Olliver as he continues to recover.
michelle77 said…
Hi was reading your blog from Safe Haven and just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you and your family. Also read a comment about littleoneapril, but just so you know I used to follow that blog and it turned out to be a fake so there is no "His Will Wednesday" anymore. Just thought I'd let you know but there are real people out in the blog world who do pray for you and Safe Haven is a good website. Lots of Love, Michelle and Baby Brayden.

Popular Posts