Preschool Graduate

Waverly had her last day of preschool today.  And I neglected to take any photos!  I actually cried as I put her on the bus this morning and I cried harder as she stepped off the bus this afternoon.  The memories of last September came flooding back.  I remember the fear of sending her off to school on a bus.  (I think I followed it for a few blocks, making sure she was okay.)  It was such a bumpy start to the school year.  It took awhile for everyone to understand Waverly.  Expectations needed to be adjusted and an MPS education needed to be given.  But we made it through and it ended up being such a positive experience for all.  I am sad that this school year is over.  Wavey has changed so much this year, while still maintaining her incredibly sweet personality.  When she stepped off of the bus today she was wearing her harness vest, she had her orthotics on (and fashionable pink sandals, of course), she was wearing glasses, and descending the stairs required a lot more assistance from the railing and my hand.  She was singing "Happy Birthday" (they had 2 birthday parties this week).  She is still my little baby girl.  The bus driver and assistant both said they will miss Waverly's smile, her laugh and her singing (although they wish her repertoire was larger).  On to Kindergarten we go...

Comments

Kim said…
Congratulations, Waverly! I'm praying in advance about Waverly's kindergarten situation -- for wise and understanding teachers and aides, for safety, for Waverly to adjust to and enjoy a new environment, and for peace for you all. Blessings.
Jenkins said…
That brings tears to my eyes. She has changed so much and she is going into Kindergarten..wow.

Popular Posts