Backpack

We took the kids to the National Book Festival this morning.  We were last there when I was pregnant with Oliver.  (For those who know the story, that was the "you are covered in poop" moment.)  We spent a few hours walking around the various tents - we heard Judy Blume read "Madeline" and saw Mr. McFeeley from "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood".  It is an incredibly fun event and if you ever have a chance you should attend.  My favorite moment of the day came as we were driving.  We put a Dora DVD on in the car to keep the kids content.  Dora asked where can she find something and Oliver said backpack.  Of course it sounded more like "ack ack", but we knew what he meant.  Matt and I both looked at each other to make sure we heard correctly and celebrated.  I am so proud of him.  He has been learning so much in preschool and the communication based approach has been amazing.  It is the little things.

Comments

Cari said…
I wondered if it was the "poop" event when I saw Matt's post. I wouldn't blame him if he had PTSD and could never attend again! So happy to hear Oliver is liking school and absorbing so much!
Joanne Huff said…
Hi Shannon,

What an amazing event that sounds to be, and to cap the day off with Oliver saying backpack is just wonderful!!

I am curious now to learn, what was the poop event? Perhaps I'll find it in an earlier post....Joanne

Popular Posts