Dreams

Waverly decided to sleep in this morning. I actually had to wake her up in order to get to her occupational therapy appointment on time. I love watching her sleep. Before I was able to stir her, I thought about her dreams. Her eyebrows were furrowing and her eye lids fluttering. I wondered if when she dreams, she is free of Sanfilippo. Does she have clarity and experience life as she was intended to be. Is she able to move and dance and sing and speak. As sad as it is to think about, I actually found some comfort in her dreams. I will never know the way her mind works during sleep, but I hope that she is able to have freedom in her dreams. I hope she can do all of the things I know she would enjoy.

Comments

erin heiser said…
I love this post, Shannon! I believe with all my heart that in her dreams she is totally herself - as she was intended to be! I'm not sure why I believe this, but when I read your post it just made sense to me that she would be.
Joanne said…
Hi Shannon,

This is such a lovely post. My husband and I talk about the same thing quite often, and we always say that we feel those nightime dreams must be free of Sanfilippo. I think that we find that idea so comforting, just as you said. Joanne, Sasha's Mom

Popular Posts