First Field Trip

Oliver had his first field trip yesterday.  His class went to the same pumpkin patch we took the kids to last week.  His teacher wrote me to say just how much fun he had.  She was excited because of all the physical therapy practice he had while playing - going up/down stairs, sitting to slide, balancing on a merry-go-round, climbing/stepping through trains and tractors.  And of course the dirt pile.

He has been doing so well at school.  The teacher says he is very bright and continuing to learn new things.  He says (approximates) hi & bye.  He is attempting to say 2 boys' names, Jack & Zach.  They both come out "ack", but still!  He loves circle time and still wants to turn on the music to sing.  He also loves cleaning up - he is like his mommy - and rings the bell to signal that it is time to clean up for the day.

They have also started putting him on the potty each morning, so it looks like I am going to begin the process.  That was an incredibly stressful ordeal for Waverly.  We worked on it for 1.5 years and she never got it.  At least my expectations will be low for Oliver, but it will be nice to at least get him used to the toilet.

I am off to Oli's school this morning for his costume parade and party.  I hope to hide out a little bit, so I can observe him.  I know when he sees me, he will shift his attention.  I am really looking forward to seeing him in action.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's lovely to hear that he's having a good time & making friends. Enjoy the parade!

Popular Posts