Moo-Bee

I thought the swine flu may have invaded our home, but it looks like it was just a good old fashioned cold.  Oliver's classmate was out with a suspected case and when he woke up with a fever, cough and runny nose yesterday I thought we were going to be out for the count.  Thankfully, he was feeling much better today and seems to be on the mend.  Hopefully that will last throughout the night and both kids can get back on schedule tomorrow.

In other news, we took the kids to the dentist.  Children's has a dental clinic and they are so good with children who have special needs.  In fact, one of the dentists shadowed our geneticist a few of our appointments back. She is lovely and was really interested to know how they could better accommodate our children.  Fantastic!  Much to our surprise, no cavities were found.  (Kids with Sanfilippo tend to have major enamel issues, leading to problems with their teeth and gums.)  Wavey was a champ, as long as Matt, the dentist and hygienist all sang songs...which they did.  Oliver cried the entire time, but calmed down quickly when we left the examination room.

I also had ah "it's the little things" moment.  Yesterday, I asked Waverly if she wanted to watch a movie with me while Oliver napped.  She looked at me and said "moo-bee".  That is the way she used to say movie.  I actually started to cry.  She just sat there smiling at me.  Then later, I was singing the "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" theme song and she said "meeska, mooska, mickey mouse".  She hasn't said that for months.  I was thrilled!  She was mostly silent today, but I have yesterday.

Comments

Joanne said…
Hi Shannon,

I'm so happy to read about Waverly's return of prior vocabulary, that is just so wonderful!!!

Glad to hear that Oliver is feeling better and that the dentist appointment went well. I just love all those "little things" that you mentioned! Joanne
nm said…
Wow, what a string of words! You must be in love with Disney b/c their characters really speak to your kids. How gratifying... how important that you continued to include Wavey in your conversations, or you might have missed that.
Jenkins said…
How wonderful to hear those little words from Waverly!

I may need to ask you more about that dentist...we are not sure what to do or where to go.
mom2themonkeys said…
You are absolutely by far one of the best moms I know!! You really are amazing!!

Popular Posts